PGB-3: The Key Ingredients
Hoganbo PGB-3 comprises three main ingredients from which its name is derived:
- Policosanol 5 mg
- Ginkgo leaves extract 60mg
- Banaba leaves extract 25mg
Policosanol is a mixture of long-chain fatty alcohol isolated and purified from sugarcane of Cuban origin which is known to be a cholesterol lowering agent.
First discovered and researched in Cuba as an effective, natural substance to reduce elevated cholesterol levels (Salima, 2005; Serrao J, 2009; Stengler M, 2003), sugar cane from Cuba is the only resource that contains up to 8 different policosanols in a certain proportion that offers the claimed benefits.
The main benefits of policosanol rest in its ability to lower cholesterol levels by decreasing LDLs and Triglycerides as well as increasing HDLs. This aids in preventing heart diseases and atherosclerosis.
Policosanol first decreases the liver’s production of cholesterol by regulating the cholesterol-synthesis enzyme (HMG CoA reductase) to lower, more favourable levels. This will enhance the liver’s metabolism and break down the cholesterol.
10 mg per day is the recommended dosage (Salima, 2005; Stengler, 2003). Elderly people, diabetics and patients with liver damage can safely take policosanol.
Ginkgo Biloba, one of the oldest species of trees on Earth is also known as the maidenhair tree. This tree has numerous therapeutic properties and has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for over 5,000 years.
Ginkgo Biloba is effective in treating failing memory and relieving symptoms of asthma and cough. It is also a helpful remedy for a myriad of health conditions including angina pectoris (chest pain or discomfort due to coronary heart disease), bronchitis and elevated blood fats. Additionally, it is used to improve blood circulation, fading mental faculties and even to alleviate hangovers.
Clinical studies showed that Ginkgo Biloba can protect the circulatory system and enhance oxygen delivery to the heart, strengthening weakened blood vessels at the same time. It also enhances normal brain functions and aids in the prevention and treatment of several brain disorders including Alzheimer’s disease. (Cass & English, 2002)
A flowering tree that grows abundantly in South Asia, Banaba leaves and flowers contains corosolic acid, which offers an insulin-like effect of lowering the glucose in the body. It is widely used in Asian countries as an herbal treatment and in India, it is used to treat diabetes in Ayurvedic medicine.
According to research (Talbott, 2003; Stohs SJ et al, 2012; Eric Chan et al, 2014), Banaba leaves have both anti-diabetic and anti-obesity effects. They help to stimulate glucose transport into cells, thus regulating blood sugar and insulin levels. They also control appetite and food cravings (especially carbohydrate), which contributes to weight loss.
PGB-3: Health Benefits
- Improving blood cholesterol levels by decreasing LDL and increasing HDL
- Improving vascular blood circulation
- Enhancing memory & cognitive functions
- Reducing platelet aggregation, hence improving blood circulation
- Improving intermittent claudication (pain in leg muscles due to inadequate blood supply)
- Reducing inflammation in artery walls
- Helping the treatment of cardiovascular disease
- Protection for diabetic patients – due to elevated insulin and glucose level, diabetics have increased likelihood of cholesterol level imbalance
- Policosanol also aids in alleviating symptoms and relieves pain and suffering caused by the herpes virus ; protecting and maintaining prostate health
Hoganbo PGB-3 is approved by the Ministry of Food and Drugs Safety (Korea) as Health Functional Food.
- Salima, C. 2005. Policosanol Woodland Health Series. Woodland Publishing.
- Stengler, M. 2003. User’s Guide to Policosanol & Other Natural Ways to Lower Cholesterol : Learn about the Many Safe Ways to Reduce Your Cholesterol and Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease. Basic Health Publications.
- Hyla, H., & English, J. 2002. User’S Guide to Gingko Biloba. Basic Health Publications.
- Talbott, S. M., & Hughes, K. 2007. The Health Professional’s Guide to Dietary Supplements. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Stohs, S. J., Miller, H., & Kaats, G. R. 2012. A review of the efficacy and safety of banaba (Lagerstroemia speciosa L.) and corosolic acid. Phytother Res. 26(3): 317-24.
- Chan, E. W. C., Tan, L. N., & Wong, S. K. 2014. Phytochemistry and pharmacology of lagerstroemia speciosa: a natural remedy for diabetes. International Journal of Herbal Medicine, 2(2), 100-105.
Gift of Health
COMBO PACKAGE: HOGANBO HD-1 (240 TABLETS) & PGB-3 (240 TABLETS)SGD$1,515.00 Add to cart