All About Liver
- Largest – Our liver is the largest internal organ and one of the most overworked organs in our body
- Imbalance – Liver imbalance is a common affliction as we are frequently exposed to synthetic chemicals, trans fat, alcohol, drugs, pesticides, food additives; all of which can burden the numerous intricate biochemical processes in the liver
- Vital – Our liver performs vital functions in our body such as detoxification, bile secretion, nutrients regulation, metabolism and blood clotting
- Emotions – Unknown to many, our daily emotions can affect our liver health too. Anger, impatience, frustration, resentment and anxiety can increase blood acid level and intoxicate the liver
- Regenerative – The peak time of liver regeneration is from 1am to 3am. Exhaustion from work, inconsistent meal times and sleeping late will affect the liver healing process
A Common Liver Condition: Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
Unbeknownst to many, not all liver disease are caused by excessive intake of alcohol. In fact, one of the most common liver disease is non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) which develops in people who drink little or not even a drinker.
As the liver usually does not present any obvious symptoms, it is important to know if you are at risk of NAFLD. Some risk factors associated with NAFLD include:
- being overweight/obese (BMI ≥23 kg/m2) [Body Mass Index (BMI) = Weight (kg) ÷ [Height X Height] (m2)]
- diabetes/insulin resistant
- high cholesterol/triglyceride levels
- has metabolic syndrome (a combination of high blood pressure, high blood glucose, high cholesterol/triglyceride and abdominal obesity) that increases the risk for getting heart disease, stroke and diabetes
In general, overweight/obese people tend to have a higher risk of getting NAFLD due to excess storage of fat in the body. According to a recent study by Loomis AK et al (2016), there is approximately 5- to 9-fold higher risk for individual with obesity (BMI ≥ 30.0 kg/m2), as compared with individual with normal BMI (18.5 – 24.99 kg/m2).
For many years, fatty liver was assumed to be uncommon among Asians as they typically have a low prevalence of obesity. But, this assumption has since been shown inaccurate. Recent data provided by the National Health and Morbidity Survey (NHMS) 2015 found that overweight and obese Malaysians have both increased 0.9 million just within a four-year duration (from year 2011-2015)! This alarming situation may also have caused the prevalence of NAFLD to increase drastically.
A Healthy Liver for A Healthy Lifestyle
If you love the way you live, you have to first love your liver. However your lifestyle is, a healthy liver is the key to a vibrant life of health and happiness. Power-packed with nutrients that contribute to optimal liver health, Hoganbo HD-1 offers an easy but effective way to protect your liver from stressful lifestyle habits.
Hoganbo, a nutritional gem for a lifetime of health and happiness.
- Gift of Health
COMBO PACKAGE: HOGANBO HD-1 (240 TABLETS) & PGB-3 (120 TABLETS)SGD$1,100.00 Read more